Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Just Signed up for a Race

I just signed up with Crystal to do a relay for the Mainiac Triathlon.  It is a Sprint distance tri.  That is 1/3 mile swim, 15 mile bike and a 3.1 mile run.  It is on September 17th.  Crystal is going to do the swim and bike.  I am going to run.  Our team name is "The Dynamic Duo".  My goal is to break 30 minutes on the run.  In the past, I would not be happy about 30 minutes, but would be psyched if I could pull it off now!

For training, I have really just begun.  I am running 15 minutes every other night on the treadmill.  I go from 0% incline for 1 minute to 3% incline for 1 minute and alternate on the minute for the 15 minutes.  Next week I will increase to 20 minutes, 25 the following week etc.  On nights I am not running, I am doing 15 minutes on the bike trainer.  Next week I will increase to 20 minutes, 25 the following week etc.  Everynight, after the run or the training, I am doing 15 minutes of weights and abs.

I am gaining a bit of weight.  I am up to 146-148.  It varies day by day.  I am trying to eat better and take note of what I am putting in my body.  I want to gain about 10 more pounds, But would like them to be "quality pounds".

Here is a link to the Maniac Triathlon website.

1 comment:

Kevin @ HalfTRIing said...

I wish I could do a 30 min 5K!! :-)

Have a great time at the race. I want to read the report

Kevin
HalfTRIing.blogspot.com